Additional ideas, activities and support
If you are looking for more ideas to support a positive attitude towards numeracy at home, here are some additional sites to explore.
- Victorian Maths Challenge: This suite of challenges is an enjoyable way for families to engage in real life mathematics and explore problems together.
- Literacy and numeracy tips to help your child every day: A literacy and numeracy resource for parents of children aged 0-12 to keep the learning going
- Numeracy skills from Birth-year 2: Tips on how to build your child’s skills in maths, measurement and patterns.
- Numeracy skills from years 3-6: Tips on how to build your child’s skills in maths and numeracy through
- The Department of Education and Training: Information for Victorian parents, carers and
familiesand support for schools, teachers, students, apprentices and employers. Includes updates on what’s happening in the Education State, latest videos and tweets.
- The Mathematical Association of Victoria (MAV): The MAV’s Made by maths app provides different maths trails that you can enjoy in Melbourne or your own neighbourhood.
- Victorian Maths Talent Quest: The Maths Talent Quest promotes interest in mathematics and fosters positive attitudes amongst students, teachers and parents through numeracy and mathematical investigation.
- Numeracy – Families working it out together: An Australian Government brochure for families and carers of young children (early years) encouraging numeracy by looking for opportunities in everyday situations.
- National support for Literacy and Numeracy: The Australian Government programs and initiatives to support literacy and numeracy skills.
- Maths at our house: New Zealand site containing ideas for home-related activities relevant to the Australian context.